[Dailydrool] Back on-line; nervous dog companions

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 23 10:31:22 PDT 2009

Aloha. We have been without a computer for the past month due to a host of problems both with the wiring in our rental and with the computer itself, but now both are solved. I have so much catching up to do. Drool to all in need--Beth and Emma come to mind and I know there are many more. Loved the bachelor party photo.Happy birthday, Santana.

Adding a second hound really helped our first hound, a true nervous nelly. When we adopted him, Bo would not go outside of his previous owner's house; would not walk on a leash; was terrified of everything. Now he loves walks. He uses his more courageous brother, Harley, to try out new situations for safety. Once Bo has observed Harley succeeding at something new, Bo may then try it. On walks he follows Harley. He is still a rather fearful fellow; I suspect that he always will be--that is is nature. Harley was the more abused of the two before we adopted him, but nothing phases Harley--that is his nature. Still, adding Harley has immensely improved Bo's life. I recommend adding the second hound.