[Dailydrool] It's my birthday!

Pam McQuade dpmcquade at verizon.net
Thu Sep 24 17:38:18 PDT 2009

Here it is, a special birthday--I just turned 13! What do the humans do?
They take me to the eye doc. At any time I hate having those folks stick
things in my delicate little eyeballs, but did they have to do this on my
birthday? What a way to treat a hound.

I guess Mom must have felt bad, because on the way home she stopped to get
me some treats. But did she give me the whole bag? No. She gave me two
measly treats, and that was it. What a way to treat a hound.

She keeps talking about making me a cake, but right now she has a chicken in
MY oven. Where's the cake?

What a way to treat a hound. If it hadn't been so hard to find this home,
I'd be looking for a new one.
Belvedere, senior Dashing Basset (who still just adores his mama)

Note from Mom: The cake is yet to come. It's easy to whip up in a few
minutes. It may end up being a bedtime treat, but I will get it done. And I
didn't give Bel more of the treats because they have a pretty hefty dose of
glucosamine and chondroitin in them, and the package said only two a day for
a dog his size. But they do smell quite tasty, so I don't blame Bel for
wanting more. And he was the only one who got those treats--I didn't want to
start WWIII by giving them to Jane and Abs and not to the birthday boy.

Happy birthday, Bel, hound of my heart.