[Dailydrool] Drool worked once again!!

Gwen Dossey pengwen65 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 24 19:34:19 PDT 2009

Hey everyone!

First - I want to thank you all for your e-mails of encouragement and all the healing drool!  It's a miracle!!  2 hours at the vets; $300 and several e-mails full of healing drool later we find that there is absolutely nothing wrong with our girl!!  She even ate a hard biscuit for the vet to prove that I'm a worry wart and that she was just fine!!

Because she will be 8 years old next month we did a full blood panel.  She was absolutely perfect in every way except she did have a slightly elevated red blood count (she's at 60 and the high should be 55), but the vet lady said that she could be a little dehydrated.

I did feel like a horrible mom when she asked if she was peeing and pooing OK and I had no idea!  Between the doggy door and the other two girls, I couldn't say for sure if she was the one that left the pile in the backyard this morning!

Sara asked if Madden was vaccinated for Lepto.  I've never heard of that... could you write back and let us know what the Lepto vaccine is for?  My guess would be NO since I don't know what it is, but maybe it's one of the combo shots they get once in a while?!?!?  She probably just had an upset stomach from eating cat poop on our walks - the girl just has a great nose for all the smelly stuff!! :-)

She impressed the vet lady and her 2 assistants by how mild mannered she was; how she didn't cry or shake when they took blood (got it on the first try) and just how sweet she is (but all of us who know her, know that!).  She even got loved on by 2 ladies that came in and she did get to sniff Bob - the dog that lives at the vets because he was born without the part of his brain that controls motor function.  Cute little guy - it just looks like he's dancing when he's trying to walk.  They also have a pair of 10 week old kittens that are looking for a new home.  VERY cute females that look a lot like our Hickory and Tiger Monster did when they were babies!  Madden got to give kisses to Red and follow her around the office.  Every time she gave her kisses I kept hearing the little girl in the cartoons that loves animals to death... I want love her, and kiss her and squeeze her... and it just made me smile to no end! :-)

Anyways - they gave her some Metoclopramide to perk up her appetite.  I'm to give her 5ml 30-minutes prior to feeding her 3 times a day (smaller meals to make it easier on her belly!).  I'm also supposed to feed chicken and rice but I am out of both (yes, the cupboards are getting pretty bare this week - I've been preoccupied getting Shawn ready to go up to Reno for Street Vibrations and making sure we have everything together for the dinner/auction this Saturday), so I just gave her half her normal dinner and she ate it all gone!  I don't know if the meds helped or the fact that she hadn't eaten since dinner on Tuesday, but whatever it is, it did my heart good to see her eating!!

I will keep y'all informed if she relapses, but I have faith that with all the prayers and drool being sent her way, she'll be just fine from now on!!

Thanks again everyone!!

~Gwen - Slave to Teddi (How come she got to go in the BUV? I'm the co-pilot!), Casper (I think she was just trying to get mom's attention 'cuz she's been paying more attention to dad then to us!) and Madden (I don't know what all the fuss was about...  Can we get a kitty?!?)~ (:>