[Dailydrool] we need drool and advice

Saralyn Stabile Seiler saralyn777 at bellsouth.net
Sat Sep 26 14:06:18 PDT 2009

Hi Everyone, I haven't posted for a long time due to taking care of my
mom with advanced stage Alzheimer's.  We have 2 Bassets(both
rescues)and they are both about 6.  Our Angelo(ever since we have had
him, adopted at 6 months)has had digestive issues and has had to be on
Metronidazole  500 MG twice a day off and on for stomach issues.
Lately he has had to be on Misoprostol 100 MCG 2 times a
day(digestive)and Metoclopramide 10MG twice a day for nausea.  He has
been on this for over a year.  Then he started to throw up and the vet
had to put him on Cerenia(a 24 hr pill for nausea)  He had x rays and
it showed inflamation around his GI tract.  Since he has had chronic
inflamation they did a specialized Pancreatic test done only in Texas.
We were supposed to get the results by yesterday but they haven't come
in yet.  We have been feeding him rice and boiled white chicken but he
would not touch any form of dog food(we feed wellness).  Then today he
wouldn't even eat the chicken(his favorite thing) and the vet said to
give him cottage cheese(2%)and white rice.  He did eat a little of that
after he had the nausea pill.  When he lays down he goes down slowly
and carefully but when the vet examined him she said he doesn't seem to
be in any pain.  We are so worried.  He is usually a wild man but he
doesn't move around much but he still likes his walks in the evening.
With all the Droolers out there I know someone must have been through
something similar.  They said if the Pancreas test comes back negative
that he should have an Ultra Sound.  I read through the lines, knowing
what was in the back of their minds(tumor).

We could sure use some Drool here and some advice if anyone has some.
We love him so much and he so special.  He follows me everywhere now,
since he hasn't been feeling well.  He looks at me as if to say "help
me mom".
  Does anyone know what could cause this nausea?  His stomach squeaks also and we have to keep giving him Gas X.
  Thank you all in advance for your help.
Saralyn, Jeff,  Angelo and Louie
saralyn777 at bellsouth.net