[Dailydrool] if not for youj

Helena Poist helena at proplanner.com
Sun Sep 27 12:14:53 PDT 2009

i was having that kind of day.. took in three separate dogs who were going to other all breed rescues or no kill shelters and all three are either heartworm positive, broken foot or broken ribs. So here I have three bassets, one going to my home, and two needing to get out of where they are. so i told a friend that some days you just wonder what am i going to do? and on a sunday afternoon I have no idea..... and i know so many other rescues are struggling with day to day dogs in shelters. we have 5 in a kansas city shelter and 4 from a hoarder... the well dogs are a little easier to find a place for but foster homes need breaks and the flow into rescue is constant. so for all those who help as much as they can,.... in whatever way you can..

THIS IS FOR  YOU>>>>>

For all if you who rescue, foster, transport, or adopt... this poem is for you.

If Not For You

I would've given up on life, if not for your kind eyes.
I would have used my teeth in fear, if not for your gentle hand.
I would have left this life believing that all humans don't care
... there is no such thing as fur that isn't matted
... skin that isn't flea bitten
... good food and enough of it
... beds to sleep on
... someone to love me, to show me I deserve love, just because I exist.

Your kind eyes...
Your loving smile...
Your gentle hands...
Your big heart saved me!!!!!

You saved me from the terror of dying on the street.

You have soothed away the memories of my old life.

You have taught me what it means to be loved.

I have seen you do the same for others just like me.

I have heard you ask yourself in times of despair, "Why do I do it... When there is no more money... No more room... No more homes???" I see you open your heart a little bigger... stretch the money a little tighter... make just a little more room... to save one more... like me.

I tell you this with all the gratitude and love that shines in my eyes. It is the best way I know how to remind you why you go on trying....

I AM THE REASON

The others before me are the reason,
As are the ones who come after.
Our lives would've been wasted...
Our love never given...

I WOULD HAVE DIED THAT DAY IF NOT FOR YOU!

Author Unknown