[Dailydrool] Emmy Sunday update

Wendie L Prince houndsabound at att.net
Sun Sep 27 12:28:37 PDT 2009

Hi all,
It has been a few days since I updated about Emmy.  Today she is home with us.  During the last 6 days, she had been with the vet on fluids and IV meds for her pancreatitis.  She is still not eating or drinking by herself.  She is not throwing up, but does not want to try anything.  She will go sit or stand over the water bowl like she wants to,  but won't.  I thought, well maybe her neck is hurting her,  but I have seen her walking outside and bone wise and muscle wise, she looks normal.  I am syringing her drink---pedialyte, and food into her.  Am using some baby foods, and also ID blended up fine.  She is due back at the vet in the morning.  As the ultrasound showed,  she has a thickened pancreas which means she is prone to it and has had it in the past.  She will be put on an appropriate diet once she is through this episode.
I appreciate all the advice and drool you all have sent for her.

Oh, and we found out she has coxcydia(sp?)  The whole pack is being treated for it, as is the house, bedding, and yard.  We are on lock down for a few weeks,  no hounds visitors or trips to the park...where they probably got it in the first place.........

The Bounders send out drool to those in need and aroos to all

 wen and the Bounders
Final days of the voting!
Please vote for Dallas in the Senior Basset calendar contest at
www.seniorhoundsabound.org