[Dailydrool] Test results for Angelo

Saralyn Stabile Seiler saralyn777 at bellsouth.net
Mon Sep 28 10:52:27 PDT 2009

First I want to thank everyone for their messages, prayer and drool for Angelo.  The vet called today and said he does have Pancreatitis  The high normal number is 200 and his is 417.  I was so upset as I know this is serious.  He is only 6.  She is putting him on Tramadol, which is for pain and Pancreazyme.  She says it is supposed to trick his brain into thinking that he has enough of the enzyme.  He has to be on 500 MG Metro for another 2 weeks and Omega 3, Vit. E and Sam E.  She said to feed him the cottage cheese and rice for a week and then go to Royal Canin low fat.  I was encouraged yesterday because he ate the cottage cheese and rice but today he won't touch it.  I feel so bad for him because it is painful and it breaks my heart.  Please send lots of prayers and drool for Angelo and the humans.  We are praying the medicine will work.  I forgot to ask her if the Pancreatitis can cause nausea.  He always seems to be nauseated.

Does anyone know if he can recover from this?  I heard sometimes it can actually eat up the other organs.  I love my boy.  Has anyone out there had a Basset that recovered from this?  I guess I just need to have some good news.  It is a horrible feeling when you can't help your baby.  I just didn't think dogs got this at such a young age.

Thanks to everyone and keep the prayers and drool coming.  Also let me know if anyone has experience with this

Thanks,
Saralyn, Angelo and Louie