[Dailydrool] Back Surgery

carolm315 at aol.com carolm315 at aol.com
Mon Sep 28 14:09:51 PDT 2009

I've read your message about back surgery several times.? It's filling me with total dread.? Utah Friends of Basset Hounds has a young female that is really sad.? Right now her biggest problem is that she has 2 slipped disc.? She was found as a stray in Idaho Falls, ID, rescued and eventually arrived in our care.? She must have just had puppies because she is dragging the ground and had been picking up foxtails like crazy.? Several of those along with a small mass have already been removed.? Last week she had an MRI to see what the problem was with her hip and back.? In the process of doing that they found a B.B. in the butt.? A few days after the MRI and before we could get surgery scheduled, she started a really deep cough.? Now we are battling pneumonia and have had to put off the surgery until next week.?? She is having a lot of trouble with the 2 steps that I have and with basic bathroom issues as well.? She could really use everyone's spare drool.? Her road to recovery is still very long.? Sorry this was so long, my heart just breaks for our little Abby.