[Dailydrool] Buddy celebrates

Sabrina brii at sprynet.com
Mon Sep 28 18:47:21 PDT 2009

We adopted nine year old Buddy in February. He was once a loved house
dog, but the owners had one child then another; and Buddy gradually
lost his place in the family until, at nine years old, he was
discarded. He arrived in rescue with a bag of mostly unused
medications and shampoos for itching and hot spots, and vet records
indicating that he's allergic to wheat. On a healthy, wheat free
diet, he has a gorgeous coat and is fine. Buddy has a beautiful
arhooing bark that he uses only when he wants attention or petting.
He arrived with a bark collar. He's gorgeous, and gentle, and
wonderful, and we celebrated his 10th birthday on Saturday. On
Sunday, my grandson Liam came to visit. I sat Liam on a blanket on
the floor, and Buddy immediately got up, came over to Liam, and sat
down right next to him. I guess Buddy misses the children from his
former life. Here are a couple of pictures of Buddy with the baby. In
the third photo, our other Basset, Ellie, came by for a quick sniff.
http://home.sprynet.com/~brii/Liam+bassets.html

Sabrina, Buddy, Ellie, Hailey (wannabe), Brendan + Calhoune atb