[Dailydrool] Hot spots

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 29 10:22:00 PDT 2009

Occasionally one of the boys gets a hot spot. What works for us is, first, shaving any hair from around the spot, then alternately putting a triple antibiotic cream on the spot with putting an anti-itch (cortizone) cream on it, and most importantly, keeping the dog away from the spot (whether by cone, a cotton dogsuit, or a boot). There is a veterinary cream called Panalol (I think) which is basically a combo of the over the counter stuff we use, but using human stuff is cheaper. Harley and Bo send drool and aloha to all. Val