[Dailydrool] Interesting couple of days...

Opal-Deitering, Gaylene gaylene at umich.edu
Thu Apr 1 11:54:38 PDT 2010

My almost 14yr. old dog Clover had a lump on her snout that we thought was cancer, but ended up being an abscessed tooth that started to grow and swell and expand all into her face.  Quite overnight her eye was almost closed because of the swelling in her face, her nose was bleeding (lots) and she was miserable.  We took her to the vet, and $633.00 later she had 3 teeth pulled and is on antibiotics for 14 days.  The good news is that when they pulled the pre-op blood test, her results came out like a 2yr old dog!  Pretty impressive for such an old girl.  I am a big believer in vitamins, and just about every day she gets an EsterC, a fish oil pill, and a CoQ10, and if I have any, she gets a glucosamine chondroitin tablet too.  Just takes a bit of peanut butter on a spoon and down the hatch.  It has done wonders with the arthritis she has in her spine and shoulders, and apparently with her organs and blood values too.  I also feed good food, the best I can afford.  It is not the most expensive food, but it is very good food.  VF Complete Turkey and Rice.  VF stands for Veterinarian's Formula.  Check them out at http://www.arkat.com/VFcomplete.html
I had taken two vacation days off work because my MIL was having cataract surgery, and we didn't think my brother in law could manage his complicated life to take care of her for those couple of days.  Happily it all worked out perfectly and he was free to stay home with her so I was able to be around home to care for Clover instead.  Talk about the hand of God!  The timing couldn't have been better.  I had already taken the time off of work, and that very day a check for almost the exact amount came from the mortgage company to pay down the excess in my escrow account.  We would never have been able to pay for the surgery without it.  Clover would have had to be put to sleep if that check hadn't been here.  God knew our need even before we did.  Then again, He always does!
Drool to all in need, and peace to all who have lost a family member lately.  We were expecting our own personal tragedy here, but fortunately it passed us by this time.
Gaylene and the 6 pack, plus the two Pomahuahuas