[Dailydrool] Haylee the Tripawd

Linda lindlu1 at cox.net
Fri Apr 2 10:58:09 PDT 2010

A little over a year ago, Basset Rescue of Florida put out a plea for
help for a little girl that I pulled from a shelter in my area.  It
turned out that Haylee had suffered a very traumatic injury to her right
rear leg that was not treated at the time it occurred.
As a result, Haylee needed to have her leg amputated and through the
generosity of many on this site and other places, that was made possible
quickly and she was able to have the surgery to end her pain.

So, I would like to thank everyone who helped make that possible -
either through monetary donations, drool, prayers, advice or just good
thoughts.  Although we did not originally intend to keep Haylee, when  a
glitch in her potential adoption came up we took that as a sign that she
was meant to stay.

She runs with the big dogs and holds her own in a wrestling match.  Her
nickname is 'Monster'  - not so much because she is bad, but she is
always trying to start something with one of the others and if you want
to pet one of the others, she is going to put herself in the middle of
it.  You can tell she hops when she is moving slowly, but if she is
after a squirrel - you'd never know she only has 3 legs.

This is a link to some photos and short video clips if you would like to
see for yourself how well she is doing.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lindlu1/HayleeALittleOverAYearLater?authkey=Gv1sRgCOWSwfaR4qD1YA#

Thanks again -- and comforting drool to anyone that has an ill houndie
or has lost a beloved one.

Linda Lartigue

With Droolers Waldo, Daisy, Sally, Baxter, Haylee and Weezy - along with
the non-bassets - Pearl and Bagels and our kids ATB - Lulu, Cassie,
Magnolia and Clarence