[Dailydrool] further explanation on the ashes incident

Wendie L Prince houndsabound at att.net
Mon Apr 5 10:36:01 PDT 2010

Someone wrote and was wondering about how we get our cremains returned to us.  In my haste yesterday,  I didn't explain the situation very well.

We have a large clay pot, which I refer to as an urn, since I have designated its use to be holding cremains.   It came from Morocco back in the mid 60s, has been in my family all this time,  surprisingly,  has not broken even with many moves.  We think it was probably used to hold water originally,  could probably hold 4-5 gallons, I would guess.   So rather than having many boxes of cremains sitting upon a shelf,  I take them out, they are always in a bag,  label them, with name of pet/bridge date, and  they  go into our large urn.   I probably have 30-40 sets in this urn.  When I worked with SBR,  I would have any fosters who died in our care, cremated...if the foster family did not have any objection, and the cremains sent to me.  So I have more than just my own, but I wanted these ones who never got their home to have one in one form or another.
Our executor knows that once the last one left standing, of Pat or myself,  is gone, we are to be all mixed together and disposed of.   Probably we will become a part of a reef down in the Keys.  Anyhow, that is why they are all in bags, and what we will be doing come the end of our existence here.
Sorry if this was much more than you wanted to hear, but wanted to clarify why the cremains are in bags and how one little Beagle got into them ( I had the lid off the urn for a few minutes and anyone who has Beagles know they are very opportunistic!)

Mick is safely double bagged up again.....I could hear him the whole time telling me it was okay if I didn't get all of him back in the bag.

Reading this, it sounds a bit weird and I have to say I am just cracking myself up!

wen and the Bounders