[Dailydrool] Wen: Adventures in Cremains (WHO IS THIS???)

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 11:04:58 PDT 2010

Ok so you don't feel so wierd:

Once upon a time, when we were younger, we decided to turn this room, which,
 before we bought the house, was a garage. The previous owners turned it
into a family room, and when our kids were smaller (teens) it was the TV
room, and then it became the Dog Room, and then we decided to make it MY
room. This meant cleaning it rather thoroughly, cleaning out the bookcases,
wiping up the dried kitty puke we kept finding, (Both were gone by then) and
so on.

One day as I was cleaning I lined up the boxes containing the passed lives
of dogs. Only....who was this? I had an extra box. It was the same size as
the others and the same color and shape but for the life of me I couldn't
put a dog in it. I asked John "Who IS this??" and he counted, and
re-counted, and  lifted, and said ok this is so and so and this is that one
and this is whatchacallit and.....who IS this?

Had we brought home someone else's pet by accident when I worked at the
Vet's? Had someone snuck one in. one of the kids? Ahhhh that was probably
it. We called. Nope. Everyone from their end was accounted for.

Then.....WHO IS THIS????

And finally...we opened it to look.

And it was a box of chalk I had bought with which to chalk the white parts
of the Bassets I was showing!!! It wasn't anyone. For two days we walked
around scratching our heads and saying WHO IS THIS? and it was a box of
chalk. I think I gave it back to the breeder. Anyway, it isn't here now.

So Wendie, you aren't the only one.
Oh-- my will states that I am to be mixed with some of each of the dogs and
then done with whatever the family wishes. I hope they put us somewhere open
and windy....where there are still deer and foxes and birds.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Cooper