[Dailydrool] (no subject)

tracey.cage at l-3com.com tracey.cage at l-3com.com
Mon Apr 5 14:47:40 PDT 2010

My basset, Petunia, has been struggling with crystals in her urine and
incontinence issues.  Following two expensive rounds of prescription dog
food plus a prescription for the incontinence and moving her to a
different dry kibble, she is still peeing in her crate during the day.
She was never in the crate for more than four hours at a time and she
will be two years old next month.  I have taken her back to the vet
twice because I was convinced the crystals were back or there was
another underlying problem. All her tests came back normal so the vet
changed her prescription to something stronger. She still pees in the
crate so the vet suggested that perhaps the crate was too large, so off
to the store I went to purchase a smaller crate.  Now she still pees in
the smaller crate and lays in it.  I feel like I can't win.  I am
starting to think she is doing it as a protest because I now have her in
the crate for less than two hours in the afternoon and she does it
anyway.  I know she went to the bathroom minutes before I put her in the
crate each time because I watch her to make sure. I also know that when
we are home she can hold it over six hours or more before asking to go
outside and does not have any accidents in the house. Does anyone have
any suggestions? I'm losing my marbles!!

Tracey & Miss "I Pee My Pants" Petunia