[Dailydrool] Things happen as they're meant to

rosekh at aol.com rosekh at aol.com
Mon Apr 5 19:14:46 PDT 2010

On Saturday I took Fred and Annie to the dog park with my friend Lisa and her basset Boki.  Fred and Annie had never been there before and, as expected, Fred loved it and Annie, not so much.  She was right beside me when I walked anywhere, and often stood behind me when I stood still.  A place with lots of people and dogs (and no couches) is not really Annie's thing, but it was such a gorgeous day, that I wanted her to come with us.  As Lisa and I were talking, I was telling her the story of how Fred and Annie came to live with me.  I admitted that I have some guilt because, when Suzanne from Mid-ABHR sent me photos of Annie and another female who were coming from OMBR, I chose the other female, whom I was going to name Lindsay.  The reason that Annie is with me is because Lindsay got very sick after her spay surgery and didn't make it...I think of her as the angel that sent Annie AND Fred to me.  Anyway, I do feel guilty that Annie was not my first choice...Lindsay was red and white, and I think red and white bassets are beautiful.  I did feel a connection to Annie, and had told Suzanne that I wanted to donate towards Annie's care...she had a huge hotspot when she was rescued (has never had one since!)  I also think how horrible it would've been if Annie had gone to a house with lots of people and noise, or to people who didn't have the patience to draw her out of her shell.  Lisa looked down at Annie, glued to my side, and said, "Yeah, but look at how bonded she is to you."  It made me so happy to hear her say that.  I know it's true, but it's nice to hear someone else say it.  It is an acknowledgement of the work I've put in with Annie, and proof that, no matter what you may plan, things work out the way they are meant to.

Rose, Annie (it's ok mommy, don't feel bad) and Fred (hey, when Suzanne asked if you wanted me or Annie, you picked Annie because you had pink dog toys already...what kind of reason is that??  Ha ha, you got me anyway!!)