[Dailydrool] A basset reference on the Comedy Channel last night

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 6 19:33:54 PDT 2010

Last night the DH and I were watching stand-up comedians on the Comedy Channel. There was a fellow up whose name I do not recall--it was something like Ecklund? He did a bit about his family's dogs. I am not very good at embellishing jokes so I will probably destroy his routine, but in it was his basset hound, Duke.

It went something like this: My wife has two weiner dogs. I don't much care for them. They love to eat, and eat and eat, and then go outside and deposit the remains of their meals. Every morning I have to go out and clean up the yard and it is a chore. Me--I have the absolute best dog in the world--Duke. Duke is a basset hound. You couldn't train a dog better than Duke. Duke eats, and then goes outside and poops and then he eats his poop. Totally self-sufficient, self-sustaining, green. God love a basset hound every time.