[Dailydrool] OEBE Remembrance Day

kacy green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 19:03:15 PDT 2010

So Cowboy, my non-OEBE-but-maybe-one-day-will-qualify, decided to start the
celebrations early. After a long day at work I came home to immediate
barking and leash-tossing. I changed my clothes and decided to take them out
for a nice Friday evening stroll. So they are doing their usual stop, go,
stop, sniff, go and I'm pretty oblivious to them, just enjoying the sunset
and the fresh air, when I look down to see they have gone "Morse" on me and
are furiously scarfing down something rotten. Uh-oh. As I drag, literally
drag, them away, I see a dead bird on the lawn. Never on our walks around
the neighborhood have they found a dead animal, until tonight. Ugh.

So we continue onward and as we are just rounding to home, Cowboy stops and
starts doing the shoulder to back roll meaning he has found some wonderful
delicious scent to spread all over himself like cheap cologne. I make him
stop and notice his white fur is now yellow where he was rolling. Hoping
that it's just pee from Rupert, I check. (btw - how sad that i actually
hoped it was pee) Well it wasn't. It was definitely some type of animal
excrement with the foulest smell and it was now not only staining Cowboy's
fur, but also on his harness and worst of all, my hand. I drag the two boys
home, all the time knowing Cowboy has somehow learned of and decided to
start the OEBE celebrations early. As soon as we walk in the door I head to
the sink to wash my hands....what does Cowboy do? Jump on the couch and
start rolling around to spread his new cologne even further.

As of now he has had an emergency bath, the couch has been cleaned and I am
ready for the wine (my way of celebrating OEBE motherhood) to start
flowing.

I can't wait to see what RRotten Rupert, Ragmatical Regisseur of Random Acts
of Rebellion has in store for the celebrations....

Drool to all,
Kacy w/Cowboy (darn, mom washed off all of my new yummy scent) & Rupert
(she'll never know what hit her when my OEBE celebratory acts are done,
bwahahaha!)