[Dailydrool] April 10th Calendar Day

Shelly Gordon-ABC Basset Rescue merchandise at nybasset.org
Sat Apr 10 07:52:30 PDT 2010

Today is the Gordon bassets calendar day! This photo was taken on Lake Erie on our first camping trip of the year last year. This is our first calendar day without Doc, and first with Duke.

We picked today's date because today is the day one year ago that Duke packed up his hobo stick at Daphneyland and got in a crate at LAX and flew all the way across the country to Buffalo, NY.

Dukey has filled a hole in our hearts that Doc left, a hole I thought could never be filled. Duke picked us while were on vacation in CA. I think Doc guided him to us.

It has been a quite a year living with a deaf dog. Duke now goes to agility class where he impresses the instructor weekly with what a "handi-capable" dog can do. I don't think he will ever compete, but he has fun doing the tunnels and jumps and it is great bonding time for us.

Happy 1st Anniversary, Dukey!! MOOOOOOOO!!!!! (That's how a deaf dog barks) MOOOOOOO!!!!

Shelly Gordon
ABC Basset Hound Rescue
www.nybasset.org
merchandise at nybasset.org