[Dailydrool] Didn't you get the memo?

Karen sparks_red at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 12 14:49:51 PDT 2010

Dear Flo,

Please send training tips on being a Diva. Please.   I am a member of the BABES but
have found that being a Diva has it perks.  I too must be carried inside at times
and will woof, woof, woof until the slave comes.  I also demand a certain special
something on my supper that is in my special bowl or I will woof, woof, woof to
remind her.  Last but not least my slave now keeps my cup at the bedside for my
bedtime drink of water.  I think I have a good start but I need some more Diva
tips and training.  There are really no other Diva's in my house.

I am still a BABE because when Momma feels bad I will stay next to her and make
sure she is okay and rests.

Luv,
Sophee Maree BABE "Royal Caregiver to Mom-Persons"
The GGBR 61 foster of The Dog House Gang

  I have a fun time reading the stories about the various bassets on the drool and their antics.  Our Flo strikes me to be as many of the hounds I have read about.  When we were contemplating adding Flo to our family a year ago, I did a lot of research about the breed first.  It struck me very funny to read on one basset website that "they have a very low desire to please their humans".  Wow - did they ever hit that nail on the head!

  Pretty much since we have had her, she generally does what she pleases and totally ignores us if we want her to do something - such bassitude!  We have taken to saying "didn't you get the memo?"  We envision a general memo from Flo to all that reads something like this:

  To All:

  I am a beautiful red and white diva.  Please note that I have no desire to please you and will do as I want, when I want.  If I should once in awhile actually do as you ask, please do not get too excited - I must have wanted to do it anyway.  If you should have to carry me to the house from the nether regions of the back yard on occasion when it is time to go in - please do not act surprised.  Your otherwise loving and devoted companion, Flo Agnes.

  Alicia

  Flo (I'm a diva, Gabe is a brown-noser)

  Gabe (I'm a good boy - I always do what momma says)

  Liz (Are you sure I'm not allowed to have pizza?)