[Dailydrool] Higgins - Aspiration Pneumonia

CANDY DUSEK lovebassets at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 14 08:42:14 PDT 2010

I wrote in two weeks ago about my Higgins having rapid breathing following a vomit attempt.  He was diagnosed with aspiration pneumonia (inhalation of vomit), and the vet gave me a very guarded diagnosis.  He told me these things can go downhill quickly and there would be little he could do. I was able to take Higgins home after a two-night stay at the vetspital and was told that he would have a couple months worth of treatment ahead of him.  I was terrified!

I took Higgins in for lung x-rays yesterday, and his lungs are completely clear!!  This has been the oddest thing, but all I can say is, I am soooo relieved!!  Your drool and prayers, especially, seemed to have worked a miracle!!

I would like to thank ALL the wonderful droolers who wrote me such caring words!  I want to give Karen Sparks and Momperson Bev a special thank you!!  Karen gave me such useful information, as she has had experience with aspiration pneumonia.  I actually called Bev, and her calming voice soothed my nerves that first day when I was such a wreck!  Karen also kindly offered her phone number!  SWEETHEARTS, the both of them!!  Once again I thank you all for being there!

Candy Dusek

Maggie Mae www.dogster.com/dogs/166615

Higgins www.dogster.com/dogs/923059

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD