[Dailydrool] Open sebaceous cyst

Laura Salmon laurarsalmon at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 04:16:51 PDT 2010

Hi Linda:

I find if I use a hot compress twice a day (washcloth wet with very hot
water and then wrung out) on the sebaceous cyst it brings the white goop
inside up to the top where it can be wiped away.  Once that's out it will
start healing and stop bleeding.  If she will let you gently squeeze the
cyst (kind of like popping a zit) to get as much of the junk out as
possible.  It will bleed quite a bit when you do that, but then will stop.
So long as it doesn't get infected with the hot compresses it should heal up
OK.  Of course at any sign of infection it's off to the vet to get a course
of oral antibiotics.  Good luck with poor Nellybelly.  Molly just had one on
her ear rupture about 10 days ago.  It's healed but looks like it might
refill.  Laura (Geoffrey, Henry, Molly, Lisa (ATB), Dub-Dub (ATB))