[Dailydrool] Nelly and her cyst

Kay, Nancy K *HS NKK3U at hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu
Wed Apr 21 06:39:37 PDT 2010

Our Sarah (ATB) was "cysty", too, and had a couple removed and a couple she/we just dealt with when they burst. The vet said the main thing was to keep it clean, and that it was ok if Sarah licked it some. We would put warm washcloth compresses on it when Sarah would let us, for about 5 minutes at a time. Supposedly, the warmth helps draw out the "stuff". We didn't do much else, since leaving it alone seemed to work better than messing with it.

We'd put towels on the spots where Sarah usually laid down, so we could wash them later. Blood wasn't a problem except when she'd lie against something.  Here's a link to a (gross) photo of one of her more active cysts - it burst several times over her last couple of years.
http://www.pbase.com/notawahoo/image/103301301

Nancy, owned by Frank the Tank, and Tina the Sock-Stealer