[Dailydrool] Poor Bo of Hawaii is back in the vetspital for yet more surgery

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 22 12:01:45 PDT 2010

Bo is back in the vetspital for more surgery today. One of his hernia repairs is coming "undone" and needs repair and reinforcement. And now he has a hemangiosarcoma on his shoulder which needs removal (but is small and probably nothing to worry about if totally excised now). Poor Bo has been catching a lot of bad breaks this past year, but like King Bob, he keeps on trucking--and so do we--so we're all optimistic for a full recovery--eventually. Bo is 7 and should have a number of good years ahead of him. The vet is hoping to get him out of the hospital this afternoon if all goes well.

Thank you to all who have posted Boardwaddle photos and links to news coverage. It looks like it was a wonderful event. I've really enjoyed all the pictures.

Thanks, Becky, too, for the pictures of the basset modeling dog beds in England. There is a chubby basset who appears regularly in the "Solutions" catalog here in America modeling doormats to keep mud out of your house. I think some advertisers may have caught on to basset quirks.  Val, Bo the bad-butt-basset, and Harley the healthy