[Dailydrool] Daphneyland Adventure

Chris Bly jbly1 at kc.rr.com
Thu Apr 22 16:16:41 PDT 2010

Wow Sandi what an adventure thank you for sharing. Sometimes we have no idea what exactly rescues do. Dawn sounds like an angel. In fact she is an angel to her hounds. Thank goodness we have people like her to care for the older hounds and give them a nice life.
I know what you mean about wanting to strangle people through the phone I get that way often.
We went to the Pet Expo last weekend and I wanted to share something that happened to me.
A gentleman (and I use the term loosely) walked up to me and said I am with the Min Pin rescue, yeah I had Min Pin puppies for sale and couldn't sell them so I relinquished them to the rescue and I volunteer so I can visit with them.
  Okay I thought so you are stupid but I did not say anything I just smiled. Then he said I have a basset pregnant with ten puppies, we had a sonagram done to find out how many we were going to have so we could start selling them before they are born and I just wanted to ask you if we cannot sell them all can I give them to the Basset rescue? My Vice- President wanted to slap him but she just contained herself and glared at me to see what I would say. I said you know there are enough dogs in the shelter we should not be breeding our dogs and making more who might be homeless someday. I do not know if I would have space we are full right now there are so many dogs needing homes. ( of course I would take them but wanted to say something that might spark a brain cell in his stupid head)
You would think being in rescue someone would know that. He just walked away smiling grabbing one of our cards so he would have our number.
Then I saw a rescue at the Expo with an in heat female and unnuetered males in their booth.
There is no way to fix stupid.
Thank goodness most rescues are like Daphneyland where the hounds are actually treasured.