[Dailydrool] Lumps and bumps

Sally King sally.king at nqe.com
Fri Apr 23 05:16:51 PDT 2010

Firstly, Drool to all who need it.

Clara has a cyst on her side. She has had it since I have known her. It is about the size of a grape. I don't think it has grown in three years.

A vet has suggested it should be removed. I really hate the idea of uneccesary surgery and the associated risks that brings. I am confident (as she has been poked around by a number of vets) it is nothing worse than a cyst.

I have read many stories about cysts bursting and the resulting mess and wound being managed successfully by compresses etc, but want to ask whether that is better, or as good, as, having it surgcially removed.

I would be interested in people's views and experience on this matter - surgery or nature?

BTW Rolph has been in an ultra naughty mood this past couple of weeks - is there some OEBE bush telegraph going on at the moment?

Sally, With Rolph and Clara, UK