[Dailydrool] Pumpkin

JACQIE MARVICH oakrydgebh7 at msn.com
Thu Aug 19 09:07:23 PDT 2010

I've been to some local grocery stores over the past couple weeks and found the store brand of pumpkin there. No Libby's. You might try calling around to some smaller grocery stores and check with them. I got pumpkin about a month or so ago at WalMart but again it was the store brand. My brother says they have it a the dollar store in the little town where he lives. Who knew. Maybe check with them as well.

Another thought on this. Fairs are going on all over the country and pumpkis are grown to enter in the fair. Saw a huge one on tv the other day so pumpkin season can't be far off. Pumpkin is easy to prepare and store in the freezer. I bake it in the oven and then scrape out all the pulp and freeze it in ziploc bags or plastic containers. I run it through the food processor before using it. They are hard to grow either if you have the space in your garden. Nothing like homegrown pumpkin for the hounds and your holiday pies.

Jacqie Marvich and the LowDownHounds of Oakrydge Bassets