[Dailydrool] Thanks!

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 12:56:31 PDT 2010

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I really appreciate all of your
suggestions and will save them for the (hopefully!) distant future if this
ever happens again. Over the years we've had the misfortune of having had
three out of four Houndettes get stung by bees and all three have had really
bad reactions, although this is the first time anyone has gotten stung in
such a delicate spot! I always keep Benadryl on hand and the emergency vet's
number on the fridge!

I have to say, I was surprised at how many people asked if she was intact.
Maybe it's because we are so heavily involved in rescue but I can't imagine
not spaying or neutering a dog unless you were going to show them. Well, our
Houndettes are all rescued hounds. Three of the four are actually foster
failures and we couldn't hustle them to our vet to get spayed fast enough
when they first came to us! I'm afraid we'll never be one to sign up for the
chaos that goes along with having an unspayed female here at our house. I
have to say, I admire those of you who show your dogs and are willing to put
up with a female in heat but it is definitely not for me!

Shadow is much more comfortable this afternoon and is actually resting
peacefully instead of scootching and itching every other minute. Again,
thanks for all the advise!

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey (I got stung! My face swelled and I looked like a cartoon dog!)
Shadow (I'm so embarassed that the slave talked about my girlie parts!)
Suzy (I got stung too and everything swelled!)
Ginger (Not me! I hop around so much no bee could ever catch me!)