[Dailydrool] Bye-bye Rolland and hello to Dutch and Ruby

Susan Kitz smkitz at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 1 00:47:30 PDT 2010

My what a busy week.  Dutch came to foster with us as he objected, loudly to Erika's early work hours and her neighbors objected to Dutch.  He arrived on Tuesday.  On Friday evening we brought Rolland to his forever home with Amy in St Charles MO.  He was only with us 2 weeks but had managed to make himself at home and is a every special boy.  It was sad to send him away but good knowing Amy loved him  and has twin 11 yr old boys that need Rolland special brand of basset love.  What a character he is !  He will do bassetdom proud.  Then Saturday Ruby arrived.  She sashayed in and took over.  A few low growls from Ruby  and everyone settled down nicely.  I could hardly believe it.  No fussing from Buttercup, no charging no I am the boss speech.  Will this last?  Perhaps it was just the heat.  Our air-conditioning unit bit the dust and luckily DH found a company who put a new one in right away.  So today we have 6  bassets getting alone very well.  Miricles do happen.