[Dailydrool] Biggie Wasp!!

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Sun Aug 1 12:56:11 PDT 2010

Momma here. So, late yesterday afternoon, I decided we would cook burgers on the grill for dinner. I took the burgers out, and stood guard over the burgers, and as I stood there the biggest wasp I have ever seen rushed straight at me. I flapped it away with my meat flipper, but kept a eye on this thing. It was huge, black and yellow stripes. big wings, never seen anything like this. It still hung around and kept going to ground, and around the paver bricks, then back at me. Strange. I finally decided the burgers were done, it was still flapping around out there, I went inside---only to slip thru a nice puddle-Clara, Mom still loves you---the washer--not so much--
So I told hubby about this monster in the yard and said you know we just had this discussion on Drool, Marlene has had a time with a nest of bee's. He said what did she do to get rid of them?
I had to snort---I said I think she got the shotgun put the barrel in the hole and blew the crap out of them. They were pretty hard to get rid of. The look of shock  on his face was priceless. He said not a word, but headed for the garage, came in with a badmitton racquet and headed to the yard. He came in a bit later and said wow, this thing is huge, we need to check on line and see if we can identify it.
We did find it--a Cicada Killer Wasp. Hubby said, hmmmm, maybe Marlene has the right idea------

Drool to all in need---

Debbie Winchester
PW, OEBE Elder Clara,