[Dailydrool] Tar relief

Lauraine Snelling tlsnelling at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 4 16:13:28 PDT 2010

We learned the hard way that Dawn dishwashing soap works great on tar, both on
foot pads and fur. That's what they use to get oil off birds and wildlife too.
Non detrimental to dog. Just ask Sir Chewey ob de Mountains. yup all four feet.
His motto: if you are going to do something, do it all the way.  I've been
meaning to write an update on our boy. So many of you offered good advice and
prayers last winter when he went down in the rear. In spite of our best efforts,
he jumps up on auto seats but we've kept him off furniture and assist him in and
out of our motor coach, and into the BUV. He travels as well as ever and at home
has only scored a partial pizza off the kitchen counter. We have no idea how he
did that but he was rather smug. He gets a teaspoon of powdered yucca on his
morning and evening meal, along with a pulverized glucosamine, can't remember
the brand. We are keeping his weight down but we have done that for the last
four years. He never was fat but he is a big dog. One thing we learned is that
healing takes a lot of energy and calories so added other protein to his meals.
Thanks to all of you for helping us get him back on his feet.

hugs and lubs  Lauraine and Sir Chewey ob de Mountains, still in CO, on way home
soon, end of six week trip.

Lauraine Snelling
author of The Red River Series
Daughters of Blessing