[Dailydrool] Carrying Flat Basset Home

Rebecca Stanton stumpypaws at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 5 13:00:20 PDT 2010

While looking at Morse flat basset pictures,I remembered that when dear Pumbaa
ATB went flat basset I could just about manage to carry him home. Well, not
carry really, stagger I think is a more realistic description. He never really
went flat though, he would just refuse to budge and then stand there silently,
looking up at me reproachfully in a truly woe-begone way. If I really had to get
somewhere quickly I would hoist him up like a sack of spuds (and, typically,
when a basset doesnt want to be moved, they become very jelly-like and wobbly)
and stagger a few yards before I would deposit him on the pavement again, try to
persuade him to walk and then go through the same routine before I finally
reached home (and had to go for a lie down).
Becky Morse and Pumbaa ATB