[Dailydrool] PBF Mug Status, Update on Cookie and News to Come

Pam Farris savethebassets at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 8 05:49:45 PDT 2010

Hello from sunny and hot Florida,

The bassets here at BRF headquarters are laying around on the tile under any air conditioning vent they can find trying to stay cool!

The PBF (Pacific Basset Feet) mugs are on their way to basset headquarters to get packaged for their onward journey to their final destination.  I know it seems like a long time to get them but that is why I said it would be 3 weeks from the time of ordering - the first order was taken on July 26th so their mugs will be to them by August 15th (unless they live in a different country or if something goes wrong).  Good things are worth the wait and we want to make sure everything is shipshape!

Cookie the blind basset with the blood problems is going back for another CBC blood test tomorrow.  We are hopeful that one or the other of the treatments is working and that her counts will be in the normal range.  If so, we can proceed with the removal of both her eyes, if not, we'll be adjusting medications.   Cookie is adjusting well and is even starting to act interested in joining the basset brigade during their several times daily play sessions.  She hasn't actually gotten in the middle of one of them yet but she has stopped snarking at any basset that gets near her and she is nosing them and allowing them to nose them.  When play breaks out her body goes into full wiggle mode - from a little distance away.  Cookie is such a sweet girl.  She is always so happy and gets around amazingly well considering in my house, everything is always moving so she doesn't get the opportunity to memorize where everything is - hopefully someone will see her for
 her beautiful self and open their hearts and home to this brave, sweet, loving girl.  She deserves a home of her own.

Once I have the PBF mugs in the mail, stay tuned for news of our September Woofle.  We have been accumulating some really neat basset stuff and it's time to woofle it off to raise money for the hounds!  We'll even have some non basset stuff you can give to your non basset friends and family!  So stay tuned for more news!

Drool to all in need.

Pam Farris
Basset Rescue of Florida, Inc.
www.BassetRescueFlorida.com