[Dailydrool] Today's Calendar Girl

Johnson, Kathryn L kathryn.johnson at ots.treas.gov
Tue Aug 10 09:18:33 PDT 2010

I turned my calendar today and there is my girl - Scooter!   My husband had never owned a dog before, but he wanted a Basset Hound.  I grew up with Beagles, and figured a Basset wouldn't be too different!  Scooters "official" name is Elizabeth Louise (she's a Texas girl, so she can go by Betty Lou) but my husband wanted a hound he could name after the greatest Yankee short stop of all time - Phil Rizzuto, whose nickname was Scooter.  Hence the name before the dog!  This picture was taken a few years ago, Scooter is much whiter in the face now, but is still going strong.  I like to think that she knows her dad is up at the Rainbow Bridge waiting for her.

Kathryn
Scooter, Rocky & Sandy (ATB)