[Dailydrool] My Harry was attacked

Laura Moravinski lou.mo at comcast.net
Sun Aug 15 17:48:15 PDT 2010

Hi all!  It's been awhile since I've posted but just had to vent a moment.  The dadslave had my Harry out for a walk last night and he was attacked and bitten by an English Springer Spaniel.  The owner was outside at her car and the husband who had a stroke and is severly cognitively impaired opened the door and the dog got out.  A total accident but one that cost us a night at the emergency vet and a $700.00 bill.  I know the owner is responsible but I feel badly.  This is truely a sad situation.  The only part that angers me is that the owner has had problems with this dog for a long time....she has bitten the husband 4 times.....and yet there has not been anything done.  If Harry were to turn aggressive you'd better believe I'd consult a behaviorist and take extra precautions.  And yet I can't help but feel sorry for the family as they struggle.  Sigh.  In the meantime my Harry had to get a drain put in and several stitches.  Needless to say he is getting spoiled rotten....or should I say MORE spoiled rotten then usual.
So if you could spare some healing drool for my boy I would truely appreciate it.  And my thoughts and prayers are with all of you who have lost your babies to the Bridge.
Laura and Harry "This drain clashes with my spots" Moravinski