[Dailydrool] Fwd: Miss Princess ATB

Shell shell82079 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 16 18:43:13 PDT 2010

I have been a member of the Drool for several years now, but have been a lurker the last year or so.  I wanted to share the heartbreaking news that we had to help Miss Princess to the bridge Thursday July 29th.  She fought such a fight, but in the end the cancer won.  The vet said we could expect three months with my sweet girl and we got eight.
She was my first foster, and we failed miserably.  She was eight years old when we adopted her. She was in bad shape, as her previous owner really neglected her.  She has had a tough road, several surgery's due to mammary tumors, some back issues, fighting Cushings and diabetes, but has always been my shining star. She brought so much love into our lives, I can't express how much I miss her. She has taken a piece of my heart with her. She has taught me so much in the short five years she was with us. My only comfort is knowing that she is chowing down at the buffet, as eating was her favorite past time.
If you are thinking about adopting, please don't turn away from an older hound, it is amazing how much they have to give, and how much you will learn from them.
Thank you for everyones support over the years- It has and continues to mean so much.

Michelle Slave to Henery (Blind due to Glaucoma) & Princess
Adoption Coordinator, MABHR
Visit Henery at http://www.dogster.com/?130601
Visit Princess at http://www.dogster.com/?205176
www.midatlanticbassets.com