[Dailydrool] another diagnosis for Gabe - this can't be happening

Alicia Pool apool at wolfrogersdickey.com
Wed Aug 18 13:06:39 PDT 2010

Several months ago, my little guy Gabe was diagnosed with pano after having
continued problems with lameness in his back legs.  Deramaxx helped him
tremendously and he has been doing quite well until the past few days when
he started dragging a front leg.  Back to the vet we went today.  Our vet
tells us that he now also has OCD of the shoulder and there isn’t much our
vet can do further for him.  He seems to be in great pain.  Fortunately we
are in central Ohio and close to Medvet and the Ohio State Veterinary
Hospital so that we can at least see if something might be done for him.
Don’t know where the $$ are going to come from, but if he can be helped, I
will find a way.

He is my heart dog and he is only *one* year old (sometime this month).  He
was rescued from an Amish puppy mill along with several others of his
litter, so the only day I am positive of is his “gotcha day”.  He is a very
small basset – about 35 pounds and an absolute joy to have around.  Seems
like a little guy that is so young shouldn’t have to have all of these
problems.