[Dailydrool] Need Help and Advice

AnitaW a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 23 21:10:29 PDT 2010

Have you tried the soft collars on her?  You can buy them at Petco (and
other places, too, I'm sure) and they work pretty well and are not as
upsetting to the dog as the rigid plastic "cone of shame."  Another thing we
use on the animals (and us, too) is CORONA OINTMENT, which is a
lanolin-based antibiotic ointment for horses, cattle, dogs, cats and other
varmints including people.  The lanolin base makes this stuff so incredibly
sticky that even cows can not lick it off with their big, rough tongues.
When Holly the Dolly gave herself a hot spot last year we went round and
round with the various cones and I finally gave up on them and just used the
Corona Ointment a couple of times and it healed up the hot spot.  You can
buy it at most local Feed Stores, Tractor Supply, Dover Saddlery, also
online at Amazon.com, Drs. Foster and Smith and other places, just Google
it.

Anita Woodrum

a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net

  _____