[Dailydrool] Update on Heeere Kitty

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 04:31:01 PDT 2010

MomPerson here.
Not sure what happened out there last night. Llewis isn't telling. I know he
was alone. I know I heard a funny yelpy sound followed by tenative barks. I
knew INSTANTLY. (10 pm)
The others followed me out.
The yard smelled like a rubber tire barbeque, not skunk. This means the
skunk was right there-- we have done this once years ago and it is so close
it smells chemical, not like a skunk.
Llewis was by the fence hole where the bunnies run through. And possums. And
Skunks.

When we got the dogs in (DadPerson to the rescue with a whole box of treats)
It was only the back and sides of Llewis that smelled, as if he  had gone
through sprayed brush. So I wonder if the skunk, caught out-- sprayed at the
back, ran for the hole in the fence or, sprayed as he got on the other side
of the fence ( Sara's side, the neighbor who complained about the smell of
the yard) and Llewis just got a tiny bit of fallout.

At any rate I wiped him down with a cloth, then used a generous amount of
Ring 5 non-rinse shampoo, and then sprayed the bejesus out of him with
a very expensive coat polish I have for showing.
He quit smelling, but the house then smelled like standard skunk and "Pure
Puppy Coat spray" for about two hours. I left windows open and fans going
and sprayed John's cedar spray into the fans, so the house smelled like a
sawmill that had been skunked, but that was better.

This morning NOTHING smells. Not dog nor house, nor yard.
We will never know.
The rest of the boys went out on a flexi to pee. When they went to bed. I
made sure  Llewis was downwind.....LOL

MomPerson  then took an Imitrex, washed it down with wine, and went to bed
herself-- upwind.

MomPerson to Nigel, Stinky, Conley and Cooper---- who watched all this from
the deck.