[Dailydrool] Eugene's entropion surgery and thank you momperson

Georgia Powers georgiapowers at comcast.net
Sat Aug 28 20:28:56 PDT 2010

It's been a while since I've posted since we've been caught up in the madness of getting ready for back to school as well as my older daughter entering high school but I had to post about what an amazing resource the drool is. A while ago I posted about Eugene's entropion and the outrageous estimates for the surgery we were getting from our vet and the even more outrageous estimate  we got from a canine opthamologist. Bev ( momperson)
contacted me about what her vet charged for the same surgery and it was a fraction of the cost. Moreover, she highly recommended the vet who had done many of these surgeries. Since we are lucky enough to live in the same state, on opposite  suburban sides of Chicago, I was intrigued enough by the huge difference in cost (as well as the fact that she had worked at this vet for many years and recommended her highly) that we were willing to make the 1.5 hour drive there. Bev even volunteered to pick me up since I'm a chicken about driving places I've never been-- I coerced my husband into driving with me, but I was amazed by her offer.  I LOVED her vet and Eugene's eye looks great!!  Not only did Eugene get to visit Nigel and LLewis' vet, Bev actually visited him while the surgery was being done!!!  Thank you Bev and thank you drool!!!! Basset people are truly the best!!!!!