[Dailydrool] Still grieving

Elsamarie5 at cs.com Elsamarie5 at cs.com
Sat Aug 28 23:05:24 PDT 2010

Jackie,
You have touched my heart with your comments about losing your baby a year
ago. I lost my Scottish Deerhound/Border Collie mix, Annie, 6 years ago and
I still wheal up with tears when I remember her. I have had several dogs
since, but none so close to my heart as she was. She was a rescue from the
SPCA, was to be put down same day that I found her, she was suffering with
distemper, weak and ouside temp. was 104 that day, yet she dragged herself to the
front of kennel over several other dogs to beg me to take her. She acted
like she already knew me and poked her runny nose through wire to be noticed.
It was a long process to rehabilitate her but she was velcro tight to me,
anticipated my thoughts and moves, she'd mother all the puppies I'd drag home,
train them (including potty) and never make a move without my permission.
Even though I love all my puppies, I will never have another dog like her.
Each one of our babies fills a special place in our hearts, none other can
take their place, our hearts must be very much bigger than they look for us to
contain all the love we feel for each one. Archie (my Basset baby) & I are
sending a big hug and snooter kisses from California to you and hope it will
help a little to console you.

Judy & Archie (Basset buddy)</HTML>