[Dailydrool] Babbs and bed peeing

msbbeabear at comcast.net msbbeabear at comcast.net
Sun Aug 29 18:47:46 PDT 2010

I would like to thank everyone for their kind thoughts about Babbs.  They were so appreciated.  Very hard to lose a dog, even if they are only with you a short time.  They become family.  It's good to know I have a family besides my own that understands.  Thanks again.

On another note,  I have an 8 yr old Basset boy who was a breeder  dog.  He is great in every way except, at times he refuses to use the doggie door and he pees in the same spot or spots everynight.  This morning I had a dog bed in the room and he peed all over that.  I am not sure there is a medical reason for this or if he is just plain lazy.  He likes to sleep a lot.   Eats normal and pretty much acts like a typical Basset.  He had a blood panel done in March.  The only test not done is the thyroid test.  He is not fat or gaining weight.  Should I go ahead and have that done?   Just wondered if anyone had a clue as to what is going on.   There are 6 dogs here.  He does get along with all of them.   3 females and 3 males.  Could it be a male marking thing?  Not sure.  Need help.

Thanks, Renee