[Dailydrool] Senior in KY rescue due to be euthanized

Jodi Whitaker jodimontine at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 05:35:20 PDT 2010

Hi. Just wanted everyone to know that Fred, the 10-year-old basset abandoned at a kennel and taken to the Franklin Co. Animal Shelter in Kentucky, is safe in Bluegrass Basset Rescue. I picked him up on Sunday and took him to a kennel we use. Hopefully I can move to our director's home next weekend to be fostered.

Fred was abandoned at a kennel by his owners. They took him to stay and just never picked him back up.

Fred has terrible cataracts and a skin tag on his belly. I'm contacting his vet today to see what other issues he might have. He seems healthy otherwise. Just has trouble seeing, bless his heart. He is a happy boy with a deep basset howl. He just wants to be loved.

If anyone wants to donate to his care, specifically kenneling and cataract surgery (if his vet tells me thats an option) you can donate to Bluegrass Basset Rescue through Paypal. Please note that it is for Fred and also email me that you've donated if you don't mind.

Thanks so much!

Jodi Whitaker

Sent from my iPhone