[Dailydrool] Catching Up Again

JACQIE MARVICH oakrydgebh7 at msn.com
Sun Dec 5 09:39:30 PST 2010

Here I am again. Playing catch up on the DD. First things first, drool to all those who have a hound or houndette in need and heart soothing drool to those whose hounds have gone to the bridge. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

The Oakrydge pack is dealing with the winter weather that hit us suddenly about a week ago. We have about a foot of snow on the ground and seem to be getting a little more each day but it warms up enough to melt a bit too yet there's a thick blanket of snow on everything and huge long icicles hanging off the outbuildings. I've literally shoveled miles of pathways all over so my pygmy goats can get to and from their shelters, hay feeders and water troughs. I wish I could get a photo from the air. It would look like trails in an ant farm or a snowy roadmap. My back is telling me it needs a rest but I have one more area that needs cleared and my van to dig out from the piles of snow. Snow gets very heavy to shovel when it gets this deep and wet. The snowblower sits in a shed as the DH didn't get it out and operational! He'll regret that when he gets the chiropractor bill.

I'm doing my christmas shopping mostly online this year. Gifts this year will be things I've bought to support the senior hounds and basset rescues. I love Moon Doggie coffee and always try to order whenever Donna has a fundraiser for basset rescue, I just got my latest order yesterday which includes Rosie's special apple flavored blend and can't wait for my mug to arrive with Rosie on it. My daughter in law has asked for Moon Doggie for Christmas and she will be surprised with her favorite flavor.

Elder Clara has outdone herself with the oven mitts and soft flour sack kitchen towels that I was lucky enough get from Senior Hounds Abound. I'm looking for a few more things and plan to bake homemade treats to give with these gifts. The hounds need goodies too so my online shopping continues.

We want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. We hope you all have a happy holiday season. We've already received a card from the Chase family in New Hampshire for the Holiday Card Exchange! I haven't even ordered my cards yet. I love getting the cards from everyone each year. It is so much fun to go to the mailbox at this time of year. It's time to put up the Christmas tree and hang my wreath we ordered from the Tana Girls last year. It is BE-Yew-Tiful. If you haven't ordered one, it's a must have in my book and will help keep Auntie Leslie and the hounds propane tank stay full this winter. They have Christmas stockings and hand decorated ornymints too. Contact Cookie about them and everyone needs to keep voting for Montana Basset Rescue too.

Jacqie Marvich and The LowDownHounds of Oakrydge
 + Megan the tall dog & Trinket the spotted kitty