[Dailydrool] Preventing Bloat

kacy green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 18:06:06 PST 2010

Partly because they're spoiled and partly because I think I was told that it
helps, I moisten the boys' kibble with hot water before feeding them. I
believe I was told that it helps the food expand outside rather than inside
of their belly which may help prevent bloat. I don't know if this is true,
but I do it, they like it and now they're used to it, so they won't eat
their kibble dry unless they're absolutely starving.

Bloat can still happen, so more important than trying to prevent it, is
knowing and recognizing the signs so that you can get medical help if and
when it is needed.

Kacy, slave to Cowboy and Rupert
San Diego, Ca