[Dailydrool] His Cares Are Now All Ended

Veronica Woodruff bassetgrrl at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 9 08:54:57 PST 2010

This morning I received word that my ex had just passed away.  Denis Gregory, also known as Parkker McGregar, had worked tirelessly and unceasingly for Basset Rescue for some 20 years, picking up from pounds, donating, spending time in socialization of the unsociable.  Our own menagerie consisted, through the years, of some dozen or so hounds, almost always the old or the ill.  At the end, as dementia wrapped its gnarly fingers around his brain, he no longer remembered we'd ever even had a dog.

As you pat your hound today, or as you make a donation, or as you may turn your eyes Heavenward, please think kind thoughts of him.

Veronica Woodruff