[Dailydrool] Winter nose crud

Beth Howering momarroo at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 04:49:50 PST 2010

*This is one of those years, I guess.  Arfur walked up to us the other day
with a crunchy, pinkish nose in place of his big black snooter.  It looked
pretty terrible.  The solution turned out to be so simple and so non-toxic
that I really had to share.  I remembered a neighbor who had once been a
breeder of Borzoi who showed at Westminster every year and she used to rub
her dogs down with olive oil for their coats.  I figured it was worth a shot
and could translate to the snooter and the worse that could happen would be
he would lick it off.  Whelp, he did not lick it off and his nose is now
soft and although it still has the big ol' pink spot, it is only cosmetic
and will go back to normal eventually.  Best of all, only one application
has kept it soft and smooth for days now, so I figure if I do this once a
week it will get us through the winter.  Anybody else have a different or
better solution?
Beth, slave to Hugo the ancient, Arfur the aufor and Vito the snot
(sometimes)

*
*MERRY CHRISTMAS!  HAPPY HANUKKAH!*
*A BLESSED HOLIDAY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR TO ALL!*
*
*Help feed the animals *http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com
http://www.freekibble.com*

*Visit Arfur at www.arfurtleadbottom.blogspot.com