[Dailydrool] adjusting update

Margaret Honnold machonnold at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 14 06:34:56 PST 2010

Well, The Lady Thelma Lou is in the process of elevating herself to The Queen
Thelma Lou. She has spent the past week "training" her new little brudder,
Huckleberry, in the fine art of submission.  He could care less, which just
irritates her all the more. luckily we have had nothing more than some growling
and a few snarls. At the moment they are both asleep on my bed.

It is 1 degree here this morning. I may be one of the few who is glad for the
cold because it has frozen all of the mud in the yard. The new construction
caused a mess in the yard which was seeded but never had enough rain to cause
the grass to grow.  We look like the local livestock yard....lots of mud and
poop.

I am sorry that Huckleberry's orginal owners could not keep him, but we are
thrilled to have him living with us. He loves to play and will chase the stuffed
duck as long as some one is will to throw it for him, which of course, causes
The Lady Thelma Lou to sit on her perch and growl.  He looks a lot like
Hollyberry from behind and through the head...I look at him and see her. I look
at Thelma and see Noah, as they are built so much alike. My heart both aches and
is filled with joy. I know this was meant to be for us at this point in time.

Taking my husband to the neurologist for a check up. Carl is the only one who
doesn't realize he has Alzheimer's...which can make for some interesting
situations.

We are sorry for those of you who have lost houndies this year, we understand.
Blessings to each of you and thanks, once more to those who have so
compassionately, gently and thoroughly made me and my family feel loved and
cared for in our loss.  We look forward to the New Year.

Snooters,
The Lady Thelma Lou....."of course, I AM THE QUEEN!"
Huckleberry (aka Bubba)..."
I'll just let her keep her delusions..."
Hollyberry ATB and Noah ATB..."Merry Christmas Mommy, we planned the perfect
Basset successors just for you"