[Dailydrool] Cleaning up

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 07:48:20 PST 2010

The dogs got me up at 4. I let them out, in, put them all (except Cooper) in
crates. During the night, Llewis is allowed to roam free with Cooper until
the 4 a.m. pee-trip, after which he is too awake and I put him in a crate so
that I can go back to sleep. (Sometimes I just get up.) But this morning I
slept until about 6, when the whining became deafening. As I stumbled to
feed dogs I saw that someone had thrown up in the dining room. Cooper always
pukes in the same place (not the dining room) and he always tries to get
outside first, so he will try to get me up and he had not.
With the radiant heat in the floor, the spot had dried nicely, thank you.
So I grabbed the first thing I saw that said D-O-G on it and began trying to
soak the spot and clean it up. Efforts were not good. I fed the dogs and let
them out and continued cleaning. Some of it came up but mostly it wasn't
working very well, something I really did not understand. But the spot is in
a very visible place so it was important to get it out.
So I kept working.
Someplace in there I stopped and let the dogs in, and poured my morning cup
of Coke, and got dressed and PUT MY GLASSES ON.
Ummm.....then I looked at what I was using to clean the rug.
It did, honestly, say "D-O-G" on it. Followed by the word SHAMPOO.

Ahh. I found the right cleanser and did the second spot which, with my
glasses on, I had just seen and it came right out. Now I am still working on
the first spot, having soaked the rug to the floor with shampoo, it is now a
big blurry brown spot......***sigh***

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Cooper