[Dailydrool] Now Let Me Tell Ya-----

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Wed Dec 15 14:56:24 PST 2010

......there are times----
Momma here. Pw OEBE Elder Clara lived up to all the titles today, and
perhaps gained a few, this houndette has a set of morals all her own.
Today was the day the FDA came to talk about the dog food, make the
repawt, the appt. was set for 12;30. I was up in the office working,
keeping a eyeball peeled out the window as Clara was out motoring about
the yard. I was concerned over how long she was out there- its still
cold. but in she came, I kept working. I looked up and it was
12;17--better take a last look about, and lock down the Brudders. I
came down and of course there is a nice pile at the back door--inside
the back door mind you--and I quick clean that and grab a bottle of
pine cleaner, pour in the sink, add hot water to "quick" hide the
aroma.
The folks arrive, Sister Daisy and Elder Clara do the meet and greet,
(the Brudders are now screaming) and I said lets go to the family room
and sit down. There was a young lady and a older gentleman, both
flashing ID's, and obviously not dog folks. They said what kind of dogs
are those?? I polietly answer, and they move to the couch. The girls
were expecting attention, a belly rub, something----Daisy is on her
back offering her belly ,all 4 paws in the air--a good rub  expected
 from the lady  that didnt happen and Clara took up with the man.
Well----the man got ready to sit down and Clara moved in. No pat on the
head was forthcoming, so in true Clara fashion, she turned around and
peed on the floor a inch from his foot. I swooned---regrouped-it was a
huge puddle- I quick grabbed a towel and put over the offending spot,
and made the proper excuses. She is old, a bit
uhhhh---headstrong---Clara is now glaring obviously hot under the
collar at lack of attention--Clara now moves to the perch. The man now
remains standing--he never did sit down, and  he kept a eye peeled on
both the girls. Clara took a quick power nap. Then all of a sudden her
head popped up, her tail went out and I thought  this just cant happen
now, not a repeat of Thanksgiving----but she did refrain. Thank You
Clara---you really have done enough!!  A moment to remember.

The outcome--they refused any information. The called Elwood
Etterwood--they were nice but very formal, very direct. They were here
well over a hour and then went to Doc's office for paperwork. They told
me they would be coming back with more paperwork.  Seems they are
looking for something-----makes one wonder.
Elder Clara---she slept the rest of the afternoon. Unaffected as only a
basset can be. As for Momma---Clara, you are one in a million--

Drool to all in need--

Debbie Winchester
PW, OEBE Elder Clara,
Elder Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake